Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Off to Siem Reap

Sorry for the late post, I havee been pretty busy. I am feeling 101% better, no more fever so that is nice. Today was the last day if my field research. At our temple we recieved a water blessing from our abbot which was a great experience. He tooke a palm leaf and dipped it in water and chanted a special prayer After he dips the palm leaf in the water he kind of shakes it at me. He also blessed me with flowers. We had a celebration dinner tonight with our Khmer translators. It was sad having to say goodbye and not knowing if I would ever see them again. There is a language program in Phnom Penh that takes place in the summer, so maybe I will do that next June. Tomorrow (Thrusday) we leave for Siem Reap where Angkor Wat is. In Siem Reao I will finally be meeting up with my friend Ack. He is the person I am going to Thailand with on August 19th 8 more days! Time is starting to go by really fast and I only have 19 more days to go. I will be sad to say goodbye to my friends I made during the field school. All of them will be gone by August 17th. I will try to post some more once I get in Siem Reap. Hopefully I can upload some pictures there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment